2.26.2010

X-MEN: storm, colossus, nightcrawler

That's right, when the team decided to have some international members, they got Storm from Africa, Colossus from Russia, Nightcrawler from Germany, Banshee from ... nevermind. I never liked Banshee and Thunderbird died before anybody like him, so we'll leave it at Storm, Colossus, and Nightcrawler.

Storm always seems to wear black or white or both, but I prefer white because I grew up with her 90s costume. I thought about adding her headband...thing... but decided to just let her hair flow freely. I tossed in her cape..thing.. and some jewelry to get some sense of tribal goddess in her design.Colossus likes to wear red and yellow. He also likes to not wear pants. I was fine with the colors, but thought he should have pants. Sure, it's fine to see his metal legs when he's fighting or something, but it's just weird when he's in costume but not armored up.
Nightcrawler and I have some issues. You see, I like Beast, who is a blue furry guy who is very acrobatic. Then along comes Nightcrawler who is also blue, furry and acrobatic... but instead of being as smart as Beast, this guy can teleport. To make myself feel better, and make the two characters a little less similiar, I went with a dark blue-gray for Nightcrawler kind of like they did in Ultimate X-men. This way, he's different enough and I can appreciate him for who he is instead of be indignant because he's stealing my favorite character's thunder and adding teleportation to it.

Who's up next for the X-Men? How about a few members made popular in the 90s?

No comments:

Post a Comment